Information about the poodle
Country of Origin:
Miniature and toy poodles were probably bred down from standard poodles, although the toy poodle may be distantly related to the Maltese. Unlike the standard poodle, which was developed as a hunting dog, the smaller poodles were always companions. They were popular with European royalty, including France’s Louis XVI and Queen Anne of England; both sizes ware depicted in seventeenth-century paintings. They also performed in circuses in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. They were first brought to the U.S. at the end of the nineteenth century but did not become popular until after WW II. All three poodles are almost identical except for size.
These small to medium-size square dogs are elegant looking. The fine muzzle is straight and equal in length to the skull. The nose is black or liver and the eyes are oval and wide apart. They have long, wide drop ears that hang close to the head. The tail is docked and carried erect. The coat is harsh and curly and can be natural, corded, or clipped. The coat is of a uniform color, including color, including apricot, blue, black, cream, gray, silver, or white.
up to 10 inches
5 to 7 pounds
11 to 15 inches
14 to 16 pounds
Both poodles are intelligent and highly trainable. They may be wary of strangers but are affectionate with their families and enjoy human companionship. They make very poor kennel dogs. Most are good with children and other animals as long as they are socialized. In general, the miniature and toy poodles are more sensitive than standards.
They do well in an apartment or suburban home.
Attention, grooming, protection from predators and rough play, socialization, some exercise, training.Read more
The poodle price depends on:
Call us for the current prices: (+32)015 75 59 42
Sometimes you find on sellingsites (kapaza, marktplaats, vivastreet, etc…) poodle pups at very low prices. Most of the times these ads are from scammers.
How to recognize a scammer?
- you get a response email with a lot of spelling mistakes
- the advertiser has no website
- they only deliver the pups, you can’t go to pick them up yourself
- you can pay with Western Union
- After you payed the “low” costprice of the pup, they ask you to pay axtre money for customs, extra vaccins, …
- THE BUYER LOSES ALL THE MONEY THAT HE GIVES!
Buying a poodle at Woefkesranch:
- a poodle pup
- a poodle pup who is vaccinated
- a poodle pup who is dewormed
- a poodle pup who has a microchip
- a poodle pup with garantee
- service after buying a pup: 24h/24h service for problems and questions
- guidance with poodle parenting tips
Read the mails of our satisfied customers here
BTW BE 0436 258 191
Erk.Nr.: HK 1510 1339
Marleen en Erik Verschueren
Tel: +32 (0)15 75 59 42
Fax:+32 (0)15 75 82 67