Country of Origin:
The Yorkie was originally bred to control rats in cotton mills and mines in Yorkshire, England. It was popular among the working class, especially weavers. Later, is became a fashionable pet during the Victorian age. Originally called a broken haired Scotch terrier, the breed was renamed the Yorkshire terrier by 1870. It is a descendant of the Waterside terrier, Old English black-and-tan terrier, rough-coated English terrier, paisley terrier, and Clydesdale terrier. It first came to the U.S. in the 1870s.
The Yorkie is a very small, well-balanced dog with square proportions and a high head carriage. Its skull is small and flat; the muzzle is tapered with a small, black, button nose. The naturally erect ears are small and V-shaped. The distinctive coat is long, silky, and glossy, parted down the center of the black and hanging straight to the floor. The long hair on the head is parted or tied into a bow. The hair on the muzzle is long and blends into the chest hair. Puppies are born black and tan but by about two years old develop their adult steel blue and tan coloring.
7 to 9 inches
3 to 7 pounds
The scrappy Yorkie is a true terrier. Despite its small size, it is courageous and assertive. It tends to get along well with most animals and children, but can become demanding and nippy if not socialized and trained.
This is an adaptable dog that does well in a city or suburban home. It makes a good apartment dog.
Dental care, grooming, socialization, supervision with children and larger animals, training.Read more
The price of a Yorkshire terrier pup depends on:
Call us for the current prices: (+32)015 75 59 42
Sometimes you find on sellingsites (kapaza, marktplaats, vivastreet, etc…) beagle pups at very low prices. Most of the times these ads are from scammers.
How to recognize a scammer?
- you get a response email with a lot of spelling mistakes
- the advertiser has no website
- they only deliver the pups, you can’t go to pick them up yourself
- you can pay with Western Union
- After you payed the “low” costprice of the pup, they ask you to pay axtre money for customs, extra vaccins, …
- THE BUYER LOSES ALL THE MONEY THAT HE GIVES!
Buying a Yorkshire terrier at Woefkesranch:
- a yorkshire terrier pup
- a yorkshire terrier pup who is vaccinated
- a yorkshire terrier pup who is dewormed
- a yorkshire terrier pup who has a microchip
- a yorkshire terrier pup with garantee
- service after buying a pup: 24h/24h service for problems and questions
- guidance with beagle parenting tips
Read the mails of our satisfied customers here
BTW BE 0436 258 191
Erk.Nr.: HK 1510 1339
Marleen en Erik Verschueren
Tel: +32 (0)15 75 59 42
Fax:+32 (0)15 75 82 67